Alright, guys, we are here with exciting news for the international students who want to participate in the traineeship opportunity at the European Parliament as the applications are open for the European Parliament Traineeships 2024. The Trainee program is open to all international students; the program is offered by the European Parliament and is Paid. Selected participants will attend the traineeship in any of the offices in the member states.
Each year, the European Parliament offers two types of traineeship programs (1) Schuman Traineeships, (2) Traineeships with the members of parliament. Still, in this post, we will focus on the Schuman Traineeships, as it is open to all international students. The European Parliament is offering trainee programs in a wide range of fields and majors. Selected candidates will participate in this traineeship for the duration of 5 months.
The application process to apply for the program is simple and straightforward. Don’t worry; in this post, we will give you a proper direction so you can apply easily. Therefore, you are requested to read the complete post.
European Parliament Traineeships 2024 Details
- Traineeship Location: Europe
- Open for: International Students
- Traineeship Duration: 5 Months
- Program Dates: March-July
Also, read about Mitacs Globalink Internship 2024
- A monthly allowance for the duration of the traineeship
- An opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the EU decision-making process
- An opportunity to learn about the working operation of the European Parliament
- Accommodation Facilities for disabled persons
- Networking opportunities with the fellows belonging from various backgrounds
No of Trainees
As mentioned in the Schuman Traineeship Flyer, the European Parliament will choose around 800 trainees each year to participate in this program.
The EU Parliament offers its traineeship program in a wide range of academic fields that are:
- International Relatrion
- EU Internal Policies
- Infrastructure & Logistics
Now, most of you would be thinking about who is eligible to apply for this program; let us make it clear for you all check the criteria given below:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old to participate in the traineeship.
- Must provide a university-level Diploma.
- Candidates should not have a criminal record.
- Must have good knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge of any other language, such as German or French, would be a plus point.
As we have discussed before, the EU Parliament offers traineeship 2 times a year; let us share the timeline with you people.
- The traineeship will start in March, and its application will open in October.
- The traineeship will start in October, and its application opens in May.
How to Apply?
To apply for the EU Parliament Traineeship, you need to visit the official Traineeship Application Page
- Apply for at least 3 traineeships
- To apply, you need to create an account and fill out the registration form
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked for supporting documents to check their eligibility
- Selected candidates will receive an admission letter via email.
EU also offers Bluebook traineeships for international students; you can check the details here: European Union Blue Book Traineeships 2024
The last date to submit the online application for the Secretariat-Schuman Traineeships is 31st October 2023. Online a few days left to apply; therefore, don’t miss out on this opportunity.
Is there any age limit?
Yes! Applicants must be at least 18 years to apply
Is there any limit for submitting an application?
Yes! You can only apply 3 times.
Can Non-European Citizens apply for the traineeship?
Yes! The traineeship also accepts applications from the Non-EU Citizens
For more FAQ’s you can visit here